*The following is a copy of Church Council’s letter recently sent to our members*
Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church
March 18, 2020
Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church Members
So, we, though many, are one body in Christ and individually members one of another. Romans 12:5
Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
In the 50 years Trinity has worshiped together as family, we have never experienced a challenge such as the one before us today. Considering the rapid spread of the Covid-19 virus the government has taken drastic actions to slow the transmission rates in our population. For a short period of time, places of worship were exempt but that changed this week with the restrictions being changed to a maximum of 50 including churches. Your church council has been in communication regarding this event and has reached the following decisions.
- Effective March 18, 2020 all worship services and congregational gatherings will be suspended until further notice. This will include the planned farewell lunch for Tim and Beth on the 29th and the Easter breakfast.
- The 50th anniversary celebrations planned for May will be postponed until later in the year.
Our congregation consists of many seniors, many with underlying health conditions putting them in the high-risk category. The authorities have asked the general public to show leadership in combatting this spread with a concentrated effort to stay home and practice social distancing. As such, church leadership feel this decision is faithful to our witness.
Submit yourselves for the Lord’s sake to every human authority: whether to the emperor, as the supreme authority, or to governors, who are sent by him to punish those who do wrong and to commend those who do right. 1 Peter 2: 13,14
A few thoughts moving forward.
- The health and safety of all our members is high priority and the only way to guarantee non-transfer to the virus in our facility is to cancel gatherings until further notice
- The spiritual health of all our members is equally important and we will be working to provide this care via non-traditional means
- Pastor Tim will be recording his weekly message, and this will be provided via electronic and mail venues.
- Our website has been down, but it is back up and there will be updates and resources coming trinityponoka.ca
- We will also use our Facebook page to provide updates and provide similar resources
- We will be working to implement a regular telephone call out to keep in touch with each other.
- Please reach out to the Pastor Tim, the office, or any council member with suggestions or concerns
- We encourage one another to pray diligently for the spiritual and physical well being of all our members
Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Yours faithfully in Christ,
TELC Council Chairperson