Our congregation normally meets once a year for its annual general meeting. The meeting is open to all, but voting privileges are limited to those who meet all of the following criteria (TELC Bylaws B4.06):
- A baptized member of the congregation;
- 18 years of age or older;
- Has affirmed his/her baptism and submitted to the Confession of Faith of this congregation;
- Has worshipped and communed at least once in the past two years.
- Has made a financial contribution at least once in the past two years.
- Has participated in the life of the congregation outside of worship at least once in the past two years.
To help clarify the above:
A baptized member of our congregation is someone who has been formally received as a baptized member through baptism or by affirmation of baptism (having been baptized in another congregation).
18 years of age is the legal age to vote.
Has affirmed his/her baptism and submitted to the Confession of Faith…All those who have been “confirmed” or have been instructed and affirmed their baptism ought to have done this. To submit to our confession of faith is to be in agreement with our basic doctrine (beliefs).
Worshipped/communed…A voting member has to have worshipped and communed in our congregation at least once since Feb.24, 2017.
Financial contributions…A voting member must have contributed at least $1 to the ministry of this congregation since Feb.24, 2017.
Participated in the life of the congregation…A voting member must have participated in some activity of our congregation, not including worship, at least once in the past two years.
To register to vote, a member must fill out the available registration form available here or in your mailbox at church and return it to the church office by February 17.