Donations made between September 12, 2015 and December 31, 2015 will be matched dollar-for-dollar by the Canadian government through their Syria Emergency Relief Fund.
How to donate:
- Online at http://clwr.donorshops.com/product/685132A/syrianrefugeerelief.php
- By phone at 1.800.661.2597
- By mail (cheques should be made out to CLWR and mailed to 600-177 Lombard Avenue, Winnipeg, MB, R3B 0W5)
- By free-will offering at Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church – Ponoka
How your donations will help:
CLWR is working with Syrian refugees who have settled in communities in Jordan and Iraq. Your funds will go where needed most:
- to provide basic aid like clothing, personal hygiene supplies and food vouchers to people most in need of support;
- to help refugee children go back in school – funds will help support school & classroom rehabilitations and school supplies;
- to provide youth and young adults affected by trauma with psychosocial support programs.
CLWR has been providing support like this since 2012 with on-the-ground partners like The Lutheran World Federation in Jordan and Iraq. This has been made possible through the generous financial support of Lutherans across Canada and the Canadian government.
“Life in Syria grows more dangerous and difficult by the day, due to horrific threats of violence from the civil war and Islamic State (ISIS),” says Robert Granke, executive director of CLWR. “Tens of thousands of people continue to leave the country to find safety and a better future for their families.
“As Christians we are called to offer them support and welcome and I urge our supporters to pray, donate and consider refugee sponsorship.”
All donations to registered charities doing work for people affected by the Syrian crisis will be matched up to $100 million. The funds will be allocated to established Canadian and international humanitarian organizations, like CLWR, by The Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development.