The camp was led by local pastors and the week I was there it was Pastor Randy’s turn. Pastor Randy was a tough ex-Marine who didn’t think twice about throwing himself into the mess of life. One day his dog got into a fight with another large dog and while I watched the fight unfold Pastor Randy threw himself into the mayhem and tossed one dog one way and the other the other way. I admired him.
But what came to be more important for me about Pastor Randy was the his witness to Jesus. It was through his witness at Bible camp that I found my faith reignited and I left inspired to live for Jesus.
When pastors have been asked where they met Jesus personally many of them have responded, “At Bible camp.” Camp is great place to meet Jesus personally.
This spring I would encourage you, your family or your children to consider attending one of the many excellent camps in our area. Here are some suggestions:
- Mulhurst Lutheran Camp – Our congregation has supported this camp for many years. The theme this summer is “One Way” (John 14:6). Seniors are invited to Pioneer Days (June 26). There are also Children’s Camp (Gr 3 -6) July 6 – 11 or Aug 10 – 15, MADD – Music, Art, Dance, Drama (Gr 3-12) July 27-Aug 1, Youth Camp (Gr 7 – 12) July 20 – 25 or August 18 – 22 and Family Camp July 13-18.
- Camp Kuriakos (Sylvan Lake) – A Lutheran camp that has Kids Camps (6-9…2 nighters), Junior and Senior Youth Camps, Week in the Woods, Dance Camp, Soccer Camp, Drama Camp and Family Camps.
- Hastings Lake Bible Camp (Sherwood Park) – A Lutheran camp offering kids and youth camps, family camps, senior’s camps, and single parent camps.
- Wilderness Ranch Camp (Claresholm) – If you enjoy horseback riding and the great outdoors this is the place to go.
- Impact Canada…This is our National Youth Event held at the Goldeye Centre by Nordegg. The dates are August 24-27 and this is open to all youth who have finished great 8. Click on the image below for more info.
– Pastor Tim
- Next Sunday we will be having a presentation from Camp Mulhurst.
- June 1 (Sunday) after worship: Join us for a light lunch and workshop with missionary Linda Hermann on the topic: “Becoming a Local Missionary”