In a related vein, someone once wrote “Age wrinkles the body, but quitting wrinkles the soul.”
Throughout my life and ministry I’ve started a lot of things, but as soon as I ran into problems or opposition or perhaps didn’t see any immediate results, I often quit. I must have a lot of soul wrinkles.
On the other hand, to persevere is tough slugging especially when the results are difficult to see.
For those of us who have been faithfully participating in the mission of God’s kingdom for many years, frustration with progress is a familiar experience. At times we may feel like letting go of that big bird’s throat.
I am thankful though that God has not given up on us and continues to fulfill his greatest promise: “I will be with you always to the end of the ages.” It is by God’s grace that we can persevere in faith even when God’s dream shows little progress.
Still, God has a dream for your life, for our life together as a Christian community and for the world God has created and loves.
Throughout our personal lives and the life of our Christian community and since the beginning of life on this planet, God has persevered in coming to us, inviting us, gathering us and working with us to restore a world that is so broken and oppressed by injustices even though it sometimes feels like it is deteriorating as fast as it is being renewed.
This week we explore God’s persevering dream amidst our injustice and lethargy and offer the following opportunities to learn, be encouraged and to live out God’s dream in your life, alongside your brothers and sisters in Christ and with those God loves through Christ:
- Tuesday (Oct.15): Council Meeting (7 pm) – Dreaming God’s Dream Together
- Wednesday (Oct.16): Share a meal with some of Jesus’ people at the Rising Sun Clubhouse and live God’s dream (12 pm)
- Wednesday (Oct.16): Men’s Bible Study (Luke 18:1-8)
- Wednesday (Oct.16): Confirmation (4 pm) – Study on Luke 18:1-8
- Wednesday (Oct. 16): Living the Faith…God’s Dream: breaking through the barriers…Stories
- Thursday (Oct. 17): Praying for God’s dream (1:30 pm)
- Thursday (Oct.17): Confirmation (4 pm) – Study on Luke 18:1-8
- Thursday (Oct.17): Learning the Faith (7 pm) – Bible Study on Luke 18:1-8
- Sunday (Oct.20): Worship (10:30 am) – God’s Dream – opposed by injustices!
- Sunday (Oct.20): Ponoka Worship Night at Sonrise CRC (7:30 pm)
- Tuesday (Oct.22)…Missions Meeting (7 pm)
- Wednesday (Oct.23): Living the Faith (7 pm) – How do we stay the course in our Christian life?
- Thursday (Oct.24): Praying for perseverance (1:30 pm)
– Pastor Tim