As Jesus calls people to faith, it is a call to enter into God’s dream so that our little dreams can be realigned with God’s far greater dream.
Christ’s invitation begins in baptism and is a lifelong journey of publicly identifying with God’s dream as well as disassociating ourselves with all the competing “isms” or ideologies (including nationalism, consumerism, hedonism, conservatism, liberalism, and so on) that want to replace God’s dream.
This week we begin a seven week series entitled: “God’s Dream.” It is an opportunity to discover what God’s dream is for you, for our Christian community and world and then to practice living out that dream.
Each week we will explore one facet of God’s dream as well as those things that oppose it.
This week we offer you the following opportunities to learn and live out God’s dream in your life, alongside your brothers and sisters in Christ and with those God loves through Christ:
- Tuesday (Oct.8): Equipping for Faithful Ministry – (6:30 pm) Sweater Drive Organization – (7:30 pm) – Constitution Planning
- Wednesday (Oct.9): Share a meal with some of Jesus’ people at the Rising Sun Clubhouse and overcome the barriers (12 pm)
- Wednesday (Oct.9): Men’s Bible Study (Luke 17:11-19)
- Wednesday (Oct.9): Confirmation (4 pm) – Study on Luke 17:11-19 and the Fifth Commandment
- Wednesday (Oct. 9): Living the Faith…Right Communing…Stories
- Thursday (Oct. 10): Communing with God in Prayer (1:30 pm)
- Thursday (Oct.10): Confirmation (4 pm) – Study on Luke 17:11-19 and the Fifth Commandment
- Thursday (Oct.10): Learning the Faith (7 pm) – Bible Study on Luke 17:11-19
- Sunday (Oct.13): Worship (10:30 am) – God’s Dream – opposed by boundaries!
- Tuesday (Oct.15)…Council Meeting (7 pm) – Dreaming God’s Dream Together
- Wednesday (Oct.16): Living the Faith (7 pm) – How do we live God’s dream in the midst of our dreams?
- Thursday (Oct.17): Praying for the unfolding of God’s dream (1:30 pm)