Have you ever had an experience with an angel? That’s what I’ve been asking people over the last couple of weeks. Some have said “Yes” and have shared stories of angel encounters. Others, like me, have not.
Many people are interested in angels and over the years these heavenly creatures have been featured in books or movies like “Touched by an Angel.” Unfortunately, much of the talk about angels strays from what the Scriptures have to say on the subject.
The Church has always held angels in high regard and has acknowledged their unique status in God’s creation. In fact, there’s a day on the Western Church’s calendar that is devoted specifically to angels: St. Michael and All Angels (September 29).
Beginning on Thursday and for the next week we will be considering angels and their role in our lives and within God’s mission.
We offer you the following opportunities to not just grow in your angel IQ, but to find renewed strength in their presence alongside us.
- Wednesday (Sept.25): Lunch with some of Jesus’ people at the Rising Sun Clubhouse (12 pm)…angels may also be present
- Wednesday (Sept.25): Confirmation (4 pm) – Study on Revelation 12:7-12 and Luther’s Morning and Evening Prayer
- Wednesday (Sept.25): Living the Faith…Reviewing your Gifts
- Thursday (Sept.26): Confirmation (4 pm) – Study on Revelation 12:7-12 and Luther’s Morning and Evening Prayer
- Thursday (Sept.26): Worship with the Angels at Northcott PCH (4 pm)
- Thursday (Sept.26): Learning the Faith (7 pm) – Bible Study on Revelation 12:7-12
- Sunday (Sept.29): WorshipSunday school (10:30 am) – Angelic Connections
- Tuesday (Oct.1): Equipping for Faithful Ministry (7 pm) – Communion to the Home Bound
- Wednesday (Oct.2): Living the Faith (7 pm) – Sharing Angel Stories
- Thursday (Oct.3): Praying with the Angels (1:30 pm)