- We all have bits and pieces of every spiritual gift, but each of us has one or more gifts that stand out. For example, we are all given the gift of faith by the Holy Spirit. How else would we come to trust the Lord. However, some people are gifted with a faith that carries them and others through circumstances where the rest of us may waver and doubt.
- Although we are gifted with an extra measure of some gifts (Romans 12:3), we must still grow in the use of these gifts. They are like a seed that if left unwatered and without sun will not grow and blossom. On other hand, when nurtured through God’s Word, prayer and with the support of Christian community, these gifts will grow and blossom, producing the fruits of the kingdom.
Check out these online resources for determining your spiritual gifts. It may be useful to try more than one since the list of gifts may be slightly different or under varied names within each inventory.
Online Spiritual Gift Inventories:
- Woodbury Lutheran Spiritual Gifts Discovery Tool – This tool divides the gifts up into “special,” speaking, serving and sign gifts…sometimes visually hard on the eyes
- ELCA Finding Your Spiritual Gifts Self-Assessment – shorter version, but with some different gifts
- Bethany Lutheran Spiritual Gifts Inventory
- Gifted 2 Serve – has a basic and quick spiritual gifts test.
- Your Personalized Spiritual Gifts Analysis – features a more extensive spiritual gifts test. You hit the FREE gifts test area and take the test. At the end it will ask for your name and title – this is for their research only – they also ask if you want to have their newsletter and you can decide – if you hit no, results will still tally and you still print them.
- Spiritual Gifts Test
- WELS Spiritual Gifts Discovery Tool...Quite lengthy and harder to understand
Most important, after you’ve discovered your spiritual gifts meet with your pastor to talk about you might serve God’s mission using these gifts.